- Monday, 10 December 2012 12:49
Virtual FormGuide and Virtual BloodStock are owned and run by Virtual Form Guide Pty Ltd - ABN 96 167 332 416.
Virtual Form Guide has adopted and implemented a policy for protecting the privacy of personal identifiable information (PII). This policy ensures that your PII will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent.
What Information Does Virtual Form Guide Collect?
Virtual Form Guide obtains information from visitors to its site in the following categories :-
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact details for people who register as members of services such as Virtual FormGuide or Virtual BloodStock.
- Cookies may be collected in order to track repeat visitors to the sites.
- On behalf of advertisers with sites hosted at Virtual Form Guide, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact details for people who enquire about products and services offered by such advertisers.
- Email addresses from people who supply this information in order to be included on Virtual Form Guide's email newsletter list.
- Email addresses from people who otherwise communicate directly with Virtual Form Guide.
- In cases where credit card abuse, malicious or defamatory forum postings or other undesirable activities occur or are anticipated, Virtual Form Guide may record the IP addresses of its visitors.
What Does Virtual Form Guide Do With This Information?
- The non-financial PII collected is used entirely to facilitate communication between Virtual Form Guide and its users. This communication may take the form of email, telephone call, postal mail or facsimile. The matters communicated about may include offers from Virtual Form Guide to its clients, newsletters, subscription renewal notifications, Virtual Stable notifications, notice of site downtime, technical bulletins and day to day account administration issues.
- Financial PII such as credit card numbers is not stored by Virtual Form Guide but transmitted directly from the user's browser to our bank for authorisation. PII relating to financial transactions such as credit card numbers or other payment arrangements, is only ever used by Virtual Form Guide in respect of the specific transaction authorised by the client providing it. Such PII will never be used by Virtual Form Guide to initiate another transaction without the client's specific permission.
- Virtual Form Guide will keep PII relating to the amount of financial transactions where it is required for its own and/or its clients accounting information. Such information will only ever be available to the client to which it refers.
- IP addresses and other information identifying individuals will only ever be used in circumstances where Virtual Form Guide or its clients may suffer loss or damage by illegal or malicious use of its facilities. Under such circumstances, Virtual Form Guide undertakes to use its utmost discretion to ensure that the PII required will be used only for that limited purpose.
Does Virtual Form Guide Make Information Available to Third Parties?
- Virtual Form Guide has a policy that PII will not be sold, traded or shared with any third party without the specific consent of the individual involved. To date, Virtual Form Guide has not sought such consent and consequently no PII has ever been provided by Virtual Form Guide to any third party. Virtual Form Guide undertakes that in the event that such consent becomes necessary, users will be contacted and given the opportunity to opt-in to any proposed distribution of their PII.
- From time to time, Virtual Form Guide will offer to a third party the opportunity to be involved in sponsorship or support of material to be provided to Virtual Form Guide users. Such sponsorship or support may be paid for by the third party. Under such circumstances, Virtual Form Guide will never provide PII to the third party, but will undertake distribution of such material to its users directly, in such a way that the third party will not have any access to such PII.
- Virtual Form Guide does not aggregate the PII it obtains with any third party supplied data and the PII supplied by Virtual Form Guide clients therefore constitutes the entirety of the information that it keeps about any individual.
What Control Does an Individual Have Over the Use of Their PII?
- Any individual can advise Virtual Form Guide that they do not want their PII used in connection with third party communication with them. Upon such request, Virtual Form Guide will not use the individual's PII for such communication. However, Virtual Form Guide reserves the right to use PII to communicate directly with its own clients while there is a contractural agreement between them.
- Any individual may correct PII held by Virtual Form Guide on them, providing they can satisfactorily identify themselves beforehand.
- Any individual may ask that PII held by Virtual Form Guide on them will be deleted.
How Is PII Stored and Accessed?
- Virtual Form Guide stores PII in locations which are not normally accessable from the Internet.
- Virtual Form Guide does not store client's credit card, banking or other information in a location or in a form which can be accessed from the Internet. On occasion, clients may provide such information to Virtual Form Guide by phone, fax or mail. Information provided in this form is also not stored in a manner which can be accessed from the Internet. Apart from normal use of such data for lodging financial transaction details with Virtual Form Guide's bankers, the PII is never divulged to any third party.
- Virtual Form Guide has adopted a policy whereby all PII is stored in as secure a manner as possible. Data expected to be accessed by individuals is password protected by a password selected by the individual concerned. Internet security measures are employed by Virtual Form Guide to ensure that PII does not, under normal circumstances, become accessible to third parties.
- If directed by an order made under law, by an officer duly authorised to do so, Virtual Form Guide will divulge PII requested, but only to the extent required by the terms of the order concerned.
How Can I Contact Virtual Form Guide?
If you need to talk with us about any privacy concerns you may have in using Virtual Form Guide, here are our contact details :-
Virtual Form Guide,
19 Milton Parade,
Victoria. Australia. 3144.